Sunday 1 April 2012

Week 14: A letter to your MP about education

My MP is Stephen O'Brien. Who? I hear you ask? To be honest, I don't know. I can't honestly say that he's ever shared an opinion that I have heard about. Here's a quick open letter to him.


Dear Mr O'Brien MP,
As MP for Eddisbury I would like you to speak to the teachers in your constituency to learn their views about the profession.


My own view is that the government is letting our profession down. I believe much of this is down to the ways that MPs have spoken about the professionals that work in our schools. The government have failed to announce any new policies that will constructively benefit standards. All I have heard is about teachers being expected to be better teachers (without any training),   teachers being expected to work harder for less money (showing a callous disrespect for professionals) and praise for educational values that were used in society before I was even born.


I'd love to hear someone in the government actually saying something positive about the people who work incredibly hard to ensure our children can do their best in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment